Gout is linked to many serious health issues, so be sure to keep track of other healthy benchmarks - like blood pressure, blood sugar, and heart rate - with this helpful, easy-to-use score card! Score cards are available for download or printed copies are available by clicking here.
Go For Six With Gout Infographic Poster
Go For Six: Brochure
This brochure provides the latest information about gout and the importance of uric acid testing. Learn more about working with your physician to get your uric acid checked and to keep your gout under control. Order printed copies by clicking here.
Go For Six: Poster
This brochure provides the latest information about gout, including lifestyle, diet and treatment options that can help you gain control of your gout. It is available in English and Spanish. To order printed copies, click here.
Take a Stand on Gout: Infographic/Poster
Comorbidities Brochure Series
This educational brochure series provides information about the link between gout and other serious health issues. Learn more about:
Gout Fact Sheets
Do you have questions about gout? Click on the fact sheets below for more information. Printed copies are available for all gout fact sheets. Click here to order.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about Gout (English or Spanish)
- Who Gets Gout and Why? (English or Spanish)
- Living Healthy with Gout (English or Spanish)
- Talking with your Doctor about Gout (English or Spanish)
- Medical Advice for Patients with Gout (English or Spanish)
- Gout Medications: DO’s and DON’Ts (English or Spanish)
- The Gout Diet: Myth vs. Fact (English)
Additional Online Resources
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American College of Rheumatology
- Arthritis Foundation
- Arthritis Research Center Foundation
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institutes of Health – Information for Seniors
- National Library of Medicine
- Nutrition.gov Dietary Guidelines
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
Gout in the News
- NBC2: Health Matters: Preventing and Treating Gout
- FSUNews.com: Greek House of the Week: AOII’s fight against America’s leading cause of disability
- livemint: Gear up to deal with gout
- The Asian Age: Identify arthritis symptoms early
- Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette: Gout can be an overindulgence ailment
- CBS: Grant Paulsen Thinks He May Have Gout
- The New York Times Magazine: Why Had This Man’s Arthritis Become Unbearable Overnight?
- Everyday Health: Is It Psoriatic Arthritis, Gout, or Something Else?
- Express: Gout diet revealed: Cutting THIS out could reduce risk of painful symptoms
- Inquirer.net: Beware of the ‘revenge of the wife’
- RTN Online: Gout is not an uplifting experience
- Daily Journal Online: Ask The Doctors
- Express: Gout symptoms - how you should REALLY treat painful form of arthritis
- U.S. News World & Report: Could You Have Gout Instead of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Daily Tribune: Gout most often afflicts those in midlife
- The Daily Mail: Fattening and 'cancer causing' foods should be BANNED from US hospitals, doctors claim
- Men's Health: How Your Big Toe Can Signal Problems With Your Erection
- The Daily Mail: Manchester's love of meat, gravy and beer is behind a resurgence in ‘Victorian diseases’, nutritionist says
- WRAL.com: Lose excess weight, drink plenty of water to ward off gout
- Manila Bulletin: All you need to know about Gout
- PORK Network: Meat of the Matter: Shout Out to Gout
- Harvard Health Publications: Are you at risk for gout?
- Renal & Urology News: Black Gout Sufferers Have Worse HRQoL
- ScienceDaily: High fiber diets may alleviate inflammation caused by gout
- Pain-Free Living: Free: Your Guide to Gout
- News-Medical.net: Elevated urate levels linked to musculo-skeletal pain
- U.S. News: Health Tip: Help Ward Off Gout
- Reuters: Weight loss surgery may reduce risk of developing gout
- Food Consumer: Type 2 diabetes mellitus linked to kidney stones
- MD Magazine: Gout is associated with heart dysfunction
- New York Times: Sleep apnea is tied to gout
- News Medical: Gout attacks are most common at night
- Arthritis Care: Gout Nation 2014
- Rheumatology Update: Genetics contribute to gout study
- The Daytona Beach News Journal: Controlling uric acid eases gout
- Fox News: Gout: Foods to Avoid
- Rheumatology Update: Ice a cold comfort for gout
- The Jakarta Post: Health Sense: On managing arthritis and inflamed joints
- News Medical: Gout increases risk of heart attack and stroke
- Rheumatology Update: Kidney disease link with gout confirmed
- Examiner: Sugary sweetened beverages linked to gout
- Radio New Zealand News: Men with untreated gout urged to see doctor
- Fox News: Gout on the rise?
- Mayo Clinic: Big toe isn’t biggest culprit in gout flare-ups; other joints tied to higher risk