The Gout Education Society is pleased to offer a wide range of complimentary resources for medical professionals, including resources that can be shared with patients. Materials can be downloaded free-of-charge, and printed copies of many materials are also available in English and Spanish. To order printed copies (shipped free to those within the United States), click here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org..
Medical professionals can also learn more about the long-term management of hyperuricemia by listening to this podcast from two expert rheumatologists in the gout space.
Professional Roundtable Papers
This new consensus paper following a roundtable discussion of gout & renal health experts, offers perspective to physicians and others who treat or support those with gout & renal disease. Experts discuss the impact of gout & renal health and share real-life case studies; the role of uric acid and hyperuricemia in gout and renal health issues; treatment guidelines for gout and renal health; treatment gaps and strategies for improving patient adherence; and the role of patient-focused education.
Join the Gout Specialist Network
The Gout Education Society believes that continuing education for medical professionals and their staff is crucial when it comes to keeping up with the latest in gout treatment, diagnosis and management.
In October 2012, the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) published its long anticipated “Guidelines for the Management of Gout.” In September 2015, ACR expanded on the existing guidelines and released new classification criteria about gout.
With gout on the rise, it is essential that all patients, especially those touched by gout, are knowledgeable about this serious disease. You can always learn more from your doctor during regular visits. Take a stand on gout!
Patient Comorbidities Brochure Series
This educational brochure series provides information about the link between gout and other serious health issues. Share these brochures with your patients, or request printed copies for your practice:
Patient Fact Sheets
Do your patients have questions about gout? Keep these fact sheets on-hand to share with your patients who have been diagnosed with gout. Printed copies are available for all gout fact sheets. Click here to order.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about Gout (English or Spanish)
- Who Gets Gout and Why? (English or Spanish)
- Living Healthy with Gout (English or Spanish)
- Talking with your Doctor about Gout (English or Spanish)
- Medical Advice for Patients with Gout (English or Spanish)
- Gout Medications: DO’s and DON’Ts (English or Spanish)
- The Gout Diet: Myth vs. Fact (English)
Additional Online Resources
- ACR – EULAR Gout Classification Criteria Calculator
- 2015 Gout Classification Criteria
- Alliance for Gout Awareness
- Medicines in Development: Arthritis
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American College of Rheumatology
- Arthritis Foundation
- Arthritis Research Center Foundation
- Health Professional Radio
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- National Library of Medicine
- Nutrition.gov Dietary Guidelines
- Purity. *DISCLAIMER: The contents of the Purity website is a third-party application. The website is not meant to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are in pain, please visit a qualified medical professional.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture